Sensei 3rd Degree Black Belt
Sensei Douglas has been training in Goshinkan Ju-Jitsu for over ten years. Sensei started training in Goshinkan-Ryu Ju-Jitsu at the age of seven. Torrin is a humble committed Jujitsuka.
Torrin started training privately for his first Menyko License along with his father Sensei Michael Douglas under the founder Shihan Lintott. It is rare for a Mudansha to train solely with the founder, this takes great discipline.
Sensei Douglas has trained for over ten years under Shihan Lintott, and several other Goshinkan Sensei. Sensei Douglas has been committed to taking private lessons from Shihan Lintott every Saturday for over a year achieving hundreds of hours of direct teaching in the art. Torrin teaches under the direction of Shihan Lintott, with a lot of support from his father Sensei Michael Douglas as well as Sensei Bouchard and Sensei April Lintott. Torrin has competed in several Jiu-Jitsu tournaments with many gold level wins.
Torrin is a driven instructor certified to teach all level one Goshinkan programs and the Adult, Shogun™ and Little Samurai™ programs. On October 14, 2022 Sensei Douglas passed the coveted Sandan test.
- Achieved Little Samurai™ & Shogun™ Instructor Program License
- PPPCT Instructor Level One
- Achieved Level One of Three Teaching License in Goshinkan-Ryu Ju-Jitsu style which includes Level One Instructor in the following: PPPCT System; Persuader Key Holder; High Stress Sparring Drills; Simple Hold Escape System; Basic Self-Defense System; Little Samurai and Shogun.
- Persuader Key Holder™ Instructor
- Sensei Douglas’s current rank is recognized by AJJA (Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association);
- Certified Goshinkan-Ryu Ju-Jitsu Instructor
- Shoden Menkyo Goshinkan-Ryu Ju-Jitsu, May 28, 2016