K.D. Lintott, Shihan
7th Degree Black Belt
Shihan K.D. Lintott is a 7th-degree black belt in Goshinkan-Ryu Ju-Jitsu and United States Ju-Jitsu awarded on March 16, 2017, by the Technical Promotion Committee of the United States Ju-Jitsu Federation (USJJF). Shihan Lintott also holds the rank of Godan 5th degree black belt in Jishin-Do Jiu-Jitsu and Nidan 2nd degree black belt in Jishin-Ryu Tai-Jitsu under Kyoshi Chris Bissett head of the style, Shihan Lintott has been a direct student of Shihan Bissett in Jishin-Ryu Tai-Jitsu and Jishin-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu for thirty-one years.
Shihan K.D. Lintott is a Machi-bugyo (Commissioner) in Edo Machi-kata Taiho-Jutsu and the Western Canadian Director.
In February 2002 Shihan founded the Alberta Jiu Jitsu Association (AJJA). This is a non-profit organization that aims to bring together Jiu-Jitsu (Ju Jitsu) practitioners within Alberta and to promote the art to non-members.
Shihan has worked hard to encourage the growth of this organization, and its members, by providing the necessary leadership to ensure it’s goals and objectives are achieved.
Shihan has had the pleasure of training with several members of: CPS; EPS; RPS; RPS Tactical Unit; RCMP; RCMP Tactical Members; SFPD; and members of the Canadian Military.
- Thirty-one years experience in Jiu-Jitsu/ Ju-Jitsu.
- Holds Black Belt ranks in five styles of Jiu-Jitsu, and has also studied two styles of historical Ju-Jitsu.
- Senior Canadian and United States Ju-Jitsu Instructor / Examiner.
- Holder of National Ju-Jitsu Dan Grade US Ju-Jitsu.
- Shichidan (7th-Degree Black Belt) United States Ju-Jitsu Federation.
- Awarded the title of Kyoshi and Menkyo Kaiden by USJJF.
- Inducted into the USJJF Hall of Fame March 9, 2019.